Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Love is..

After quite a few years, I am back to the blog! This time round, I am going to offer some of my writing. As English is not my first language, I have certain amount of nervousness doing this, but I also have trust that what needs to be communicated, will be! So, to begin this journey, here is my recent musing on love: Honey (2013) by Andy Van Dinh The simplest yet most profound form of our human journey is one of Love.  Magical and indescribable, often misconstrued, oppressed, secret and untapped, but mostly passionate, beautiful, sensual, sexual and essential. Love is a myriad of faces, in one.  Love cannot be won, coaxed, willed or owned, only recognized. Stretching us between heavenly longing and earthly belonging, love is each of our mysterious call to a life of exciting discovery.  Like a curious Child, love nudges us towards places unreachable by the overtly critical eyes. From within the darkness, it beckons us to enter the wild, the hidden and the yet untouched

Pictures from the Transition 9

We've uploaded photos showing some of the work we've been doing at the Transition 9. Here is a few, the rest are on our art events and gallery page. Any enquiries or comments gladly received... Photos bellow are copyright of Steve Tanner

Tango – Ecstatic Flight Through the Senses

Picture artist unknown Preparing to dance, I stretch out my sense-antennas.  I scan the distance by listening through my body. I smell, I observe and finally notice.  Upon gestural agreement, gently, I touch my partner.  We get closer and closer. We drop into the meeting of our skins - the periphery at which we affirm our separation, as well as begin to flow into and through one another. And, as we softly spread along this permeable boundary, our breathing, now via the skin pores, begins to expand and relax too. At that moment, I begin to feel a pull towards the darkness of the inner caves and caverns of our bodies – the deeper intimacy. I turn to the inner eye, the senses that ' see'  in the dark. And within this realm of imagination, but also simply bodily knowing, I begin to track, not only shapes, but also the core impulses of our movement.   I continue to sense, although that sense has now become a full-bodied feeling. I half or even fully close my eye